Bula Pure® Virgin Coconut Oil may provide instant moisturizing for dry, brittle hair. Researchers conducted a study to determine if coconut oil is an effective treatment for dry hair.
Previous research showed coconut oil helps prevent hair damage from combing – split ends. This study was done to compare the effects of different oils on hair in treating dryness and overall hair health.
The Oils Used in This Study:
- Mineral oil – Popular in hair oil formulas in India, non-greasy, and is low cost.
- Sunflower oil – Second most widely used base oil in hair oil formulas. It has a low freezing point and odorless at room temperature.
- Coconut oil – Comprised of special fats which are attracted to hair proteins; this action allows the oils to actually penetrate the hair shaft.
Researchers used these oils in a variety of different hair treatments to determine the overall affect on hair structure.
- Coconut oil was the only oil that reduced protein loss in damaged and undamaged hair.
- Sunflower and Mineral oil did not help in reducing protein loss in hair.
Researchers believe these results are due to the different composition of the oils used in this study.
The conclusion is that using coconut oil on dry hair may give you thicker hair with less drying and split ends. It appears that coconut oil was the only natural oil that could penetrate the hair shaft; this helps prevent hair damage and dryness resulting in stronger and healthier hair.
The women of Fiji have been using coconut oil for hair conditioning for hundreds of years. This ancient remedy has been handed down from family to family – giving these island women their trademark thick hair.
In less than one hour, you can treat yourself to intense moisturizing treatment that strengthens and nourishes your hair. Once you’ve experienced running your fingers through a head of thick and healthy hair, you’ll never go back to off-the-shelf hair conditioners again.
We have found that Bula Pure® Virgin Coconut Oil is bursting with fortifying fatty acids. Studies show coconut oil actually penetrates the hair shaft and reduces protein loss. These fatty acids are proven to enhance and strengthen the hair shaft.
Some shampoos can strip your hair of its natural oils. This is why you may have to use a hair conditioner to prevent dry, brittle hair. Unfortunately, some hair conditioners don’t really replace your natural hair oils – they simply coat the hair shaft, giving you the illusion of healthy hair.
Virgin coconut oil is proven to replenish the vital oils that give your hair shine and bounce. Dry damaged hair can easily break and lead to split ends. Using virgin coconut oil can strengthen the hair shaft, reducing split ends and hair breakage.
Time For Beautiful, Shiny, Healthy Hair:
You’ll need about one hour to do this deep conditioning hair treatment. You will also need a couple of items to prepare.
You’ll need the following:
- One bottle of virgin coconut oil
- Plastic shower cap
Follow these simple steps:
- Shampoo your hair and let dry until slightly damp.
- Start with the application of a quarter-sized amount of Bula Pure® Virgin Coconut Oil to your palms and rub hands together. If the Virgin Coconut Oil is in it’s solid state (below 76 degrees), the heat from your hands will instantly melt the coconut oil, coating your palms and fingers with the oil. If you have longer hair, you’ll probably need to add more.
- Run your fingers through your hair. Concentrate on coating your hair with the oil. Your hair will look slick and shiny from the oil. Using too much oil will take longer to rinse out.
- Take the plastic shower cap and cover your hair. This keeps your hair in place. It also helps retain heat to increase absorption.
- Leave on for about one hour, then remove the plastic shower cap and rinse your hair. Your hair will feel thick and full right after this60 minute treatment.
Shampoos can strip the oils from your hair if you use them too much. This is why you may have to condition your hair with Bula Bu Virgin Coconut Oil after shampooing to replace any oils you’ve just washed out. Additionally, depending on your overall health and diet, your hair may require more or less coconut oil hair treatments between shampoos.
Forget about using hair conditioners, hot oil treatments, thickening mousses and gels to nourish your hair. You’re giving money away to those multi-corporations intent on selling you products with empty promises.
Bula Pure® Virgin Coconut Oil is one of the few healthy oils proven to penetrate your hair shaft leading to thicker-looking hair and less split ends.
Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage. Research and Development Department, Nature Care Division, Marico Industries Ltd., Mumbai, India. Journal of Cosmetic Science. 2003 Mar-Apr;54(2):175-92.